Friday, November 12, 2010

INSPIRATION STRIKES

I have always had the heart of a wanderlust but my unquenchable thirst for travel and newness seems to balanced by my "homebody" tendencies.  Last March my hubs and I were lucky enough to explore Costa Rica on our honeymoon, in January we are headed to Seattle/Glacier National Park for a city/ski trip.  For Ryan, this is "old hat", but if you recall Seattle was on my top ten list of places to visit. YAY!  While I am nervous about strapping on the skis for the first time in 10 years, I am ecstatic about seeing a new (to me) part of the country and getting to see places that Ryan spent a big part of his life.  Ryan went to the University of Washington on a rowing scholarship and spent the 8 years of his life "growing up" there.  His memories are filled with camping and skiing stories and I have always been jealous of these adventures.  The Seattle area is also where our red, furry son was born and spend the first part of his life so it is a bit sentimental.  I wish we could take him with.  Despite the cold and dreariness this time of year I can't wait to see things in person I have only read about ("Go Fish"-Pikes Place Market)or seen on TV(Grey's Anatomy) movies (Sleepless in Seattle) and to feel the Northwest vibe in general. 
The name of this post "inspiration strikes" is because a vacation on the horizon seems to enliven the spirit.  It makes every day leading up to the vaca more enjoyable.  If you have a bad day at work you can refer to your vacation countdown and realize that there are only so many more days of hard work before the newness, the fresh sights, the freedom.  Ryan and I seem to always be a little more in love when we have a vacation planned.  It may be sad but its true.    I am feeling more inspired because of our upcoming adventure and can't wait to share the experience with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment