Friday, October 1, 2010

A Guinness Cake?!!!

http://www.designspongeonline.com/
My Dad is a bit of a Guinness worshiper (not in a creepy or religious way though).  He went gaga when he heard there was such a thing as "the Guinness Diet." Thankfully he did not do it.  He and my Mom are in the process of designing and building a home within walking distance from the bar that serves Guinness on tap.  When my husband asked my Dad for my hand in marriage it was over a Guinness. At my wedding this past March we served Guinness in kegs in honor of my Dad.  To be honest, I am not quite sure how his love of the dark libation came about but there is no question in my mind that a drinking a cold Guinness is one of Dad's favorite pastimes.Although the heavy bitter beer is an acquired taste for most, in my opinion it is one worthy of savoring as much as my father does.  Dad and I are both celebrating milestone birthdays this December. That is why when I saw this cake featured on Design Sponge I swooned with delight.  My Dad will love this as his birthday cake.  Not to mention it sounds so dense and perfect for the start of the winter months. Right around that time we will be welcoming a new addition to the family.  I hope my neice likes Guinness too!

1 comment:

  1. too cute and perfect. though i hope your niece doesn't love guinness until it's legal for her to consume it!

    ReplyDelete