Monday, September 20, 2010

Current wine of choice

I LOVE WINE!  Yes, I do and I am not ashamed to admit it. This summer a friend turned me on to a variety called Vhino Verde.  I could not describe it as well as Wiki could:

Vinho Verde is a Portuguese wine from the Minho region in the far north of the country. The name literally means "Green Wine" (red or white), referring to its youthful freshness rather than its color. The Vinhos Verdes are light and fresh, and are intended to be drunk within a year. At less than one bar of CO2 pressure, they do not quite qualify as semi-sparkling wines but do have a definite pétillance. The white Vinho Verde is very fresh, due its natural acidity, with fruity and floral aromas that depend on the grape variety.

That says it all.  This wine is the perfect summer wine and at around $8-10/bottle, it's well within my budget as a "regular" within my wine collection. I have been able to find two brands.  The one in the picture I got at Whole Foods.  I love the bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Trader Joe's has a fabulous vinho verde at $3.99 a pop. I'll get the brand for you and maybe try to ship you some :)

    ReplyDelete