Friday, January 21, 2011

How Time Flies

Okay, it's been two months since my last post (why does that sound like I am in confession?).  In the last two months:
  • Ryan and I hosted our first Thanksgiving for both sides of the family.  It all went off without a hitch (if you don't count the newest Donahue Canine counter surfing the entire night, but hey we all got a chuckle out of that so it only made it better)
  • On November 30, 2010 I became an official Aunt Randi to a beautiful and amazing little girl whom I absolutely adore.  Her name is Emma Riley Oliva and she is growing and changing EVERY day. 
  • On December 15th I celebrated my 30th birthday, and ended up with a nasty hangover the next day.
  • We celebrated the first Christmas for two new members of the family, Emma and Emily, out at Oak Ford.
  • I got a Nook for Christmas and have read two books and am on my third in less than one month. Let's just say pre-nook I would read one book every couple of years (sad but true).
  • Ryan and I celebrated our first married New Years Eve...at home. Right where we like it! And were in bed around 12:20.
  • I got to cross off one of my top ten places to visit when Ryan and I went to Seattle/Mt. Baker for a 10 day ski vacation.  Now I want to move there! I saw where Ryan spent his college days and met people I had only heard about in Ryan's stories of ole'.   
  • Most recently and least significantly, I got my first haircut in 10 months and changed the color a little because I am starting to go gray...EEK!
So there you have it.  Two months and some VERY major events.  My 30th year has arrived and I am going to try my very hardest to make it the best yet.  No procrastination because as you can see-TIME FLIES!

1 comment: