Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A New Health Frontier

I have already had three doctors appointments regarding my health concerns.They consisted of a visit with a gynecologist, a family physician and an endocrinologist. I was left unsatisfied with their treatment plans. It is not their fault, I know they have worked hard to get to this point and have helped many others. They were trained to look at individual symptoms, blood results and pathology, all of which remain “in the normal range” for me. From them, I have received a clean bill of health of which I am thankful. But while none of my health complaints seem life-threatening and by conventional standards and I am just “fine and dandy,” a lump on my thyroid, womanly troubles, and screaming intuition speak differently.
My next step is a doctor of Chinese medicine. My first appointment will be two hours. It took one phone call to set up the appointment and I spoke to one person (I spoke to three people and waited two weeks to get an appointment with the endocrinologist). I will spend 2 hours--with the doctor, not an hour in the waiting room and 15 minutes with the doctor. I will not have to provide proof of insurance or hold my breathe every time I approach the mailbox for they next month awaiting an astronomical bill.
I have heard nothing but fantastic reviews of how this man has saved and changed lives. Yet despite his praise and popularity, I have had the pleasure of receiving personal responses via email from him validating a need to look a little deeper. This was unexpected and much appreciated. Already through my correspondence with this doctor, I feel valued and respected. He may find nothing physical. There is no way to know. What I do know is that I am hopeful that he may hold the key to finding ails me. I am excited to share my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment