Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sticking Close to Home

I am a planner by nature. No matter how much I WANT spontaneity in my life it will not change this fact. The way I compromise with my need for control of a productive schedule is to "plan" to just stay close to home sometimes. That is what I have done this weekend and so far today has been pretty darn good for not having a list written out. I managed to plant our new "red lady" papaya tree, move the pineapples, plant some seeds in the garden, start some seeds in the house, order seeds for the Fall garden, clean the chicken coop and have some beans soaking for planting later. I only have one more weekend until my weekends will become devoted to school work so I am enjoying my non-plan-plan.

The new tropical fruit garden corner. Starfruit, papaya, pineapples, and lemon bush. Flowers to be added!

Here she is! I am told she will grow another foot before giving us fruit.

Scarlet Runner and Soy Beans

Purple and Pink Tomatoes, Cabbage, Broccoli, Cucumbers, Swiss Chard and Onions.
I also had the chance to play on the Internet and do some pinning which I rarely take time to do on weekends.

This is the corner opposite the showerhead. This bath is so zen, I cannot wait to take a shower in there!

Meanwhile, Ryan has been working hard on the bathroom remodel and has made major progress. He is so talented in both the labor and design aspects of creation. He would be mad if he knew I put this up as he likes people to only see the finished product but I couldn't resist and barely ever gets on here anyways:

No comments:

Post a Comment