Friday, July 29, 2011

Get ready to eat!

I love to read and experiment with recipes in cookbooks, food magazines, and food blogs. I don't love to FOLLOW recipes. I merely use these recipes for inspiration and add my own twist. Many times I find that recipes are lacking something indulgent to my hubs and I's palette (i.e. spice, salt or variety)and so I just do what feels right and add or subtract, but mostly add, accordingly. Last week I received my copy of "Appetite for Reduction" by Vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I have yet to try any of the recipes but as I peruse the educational and fruitful pages I am getting the feeling there is nothing lacking in these yummy meals. This might just be my go to book if I am not feeling creative with dinner. In the book Isa offers 125 low-fat, fast and filling vegan recipes. The names alone of many make my mouth water. Things like Butternut Coconut Rice and Sweet and Salty Mable Baby Carrots make we want to quite the day job and head to the kitchen immediately. Oh man...it must be lunch time because I am getting hungry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment