Friday, July 15, 2011

An Overwhelming Desire to Color

This morning I have an overwhelming desire to color. I do not own a set of good old fashioned crayons, but I am going to buy some today. Do you know why? Because it sounds fun and relaxing and creative. I have been reading so much about the benefits of meditation but sitting still, deep in non-thought is virtually impossible for me now. I do practice occasionally but not often. I realized by my desire to color that we child-less adults (and some parents) forget how therapeutic and simple childhood activities can benefit our minds and bodies. How they can bring us to the present and allow a break from deadlines, mindless multitasking and emotional thinking. I think I might just vow to always carry crayons with me from here on out(but not leave them in car)!   NEXT ON THE LIST: Climbing a tree!

1 comment: